Take French lessons
Learn to speak with confidence in our live, online classes available 24/7, with structured curriculums and professional teachers.
Learn French online with GEMA
Comfortable speaking from day 1
Build your confidence and learn to express yourself easily through conversation, light debate and role-playing.
Teachers from all over the world
Through our rotation of international teachers, you’ll be exposed to a wide variety of accents, expressions and cultures.
Learning beyond the lessons that are taught
Prepare before class or revise what you’ve just learned by quickly accessing the class materials, exercises and quizzes.
Speak French for everyday situations
Thanks to our section “Au Quotidien”, you’ll learn to speak like someone from France. Our classes will teach you common abbreviations, more familiar expressions and even some slang! So you can understand locals chatting on the Metro and be able to binge the latest French show on Netflix! Plus, we teach you about more than just the language. Embrace the French culture and discover the many French-speaking countries through our diverse pool of teachers.
Read about our levels
Each course is divided into specific learning levels. We teach up to B2 in French.
A1: Absolute Beginner
1) Use and recognize expressions and phrases to cover your fundamental needs.
2) Introduce yourself, ask and answer questions and offer personal details.
3) Interact with a French speaker, albeit at a slightly slower pace.
1) Understand commonly used terms in topics like shopping, employment, family, and geography, etc.
2) Talk about routine tasks and involve a direct swap of information in French.
3) Explain matters and clarify urgent needs that are of utmost importance in direct terms.
1) Understand the main points of regularly encountered scenarios, like work, school and leisure.
2) Deal with most situations that arrive while traveling.
3) Produce simple texts on a topic of personal interest.
4) Describe experiences and events smoothly.
B2: Upper Intermediate
1) Understand the fundamental idea of a complex text.
2) Communicate with a degree of fluency and spontaneity.
3) Can produce detailed text on a wide range of subjects.
4) Turn into an advanced French speaker!
Sample some French lessons
Talk about your daily routine
Use the pronominal verbs to share details about your daily routine.
What learning with GEMA looks like
Peek inside a class, discover how to book a lesson and what extra studying opportunities there are for you.
Explore more of the GEMA universe
As a GEMA student, you can download the class materials for free and use them at any time. After your class, you will also find a quiz to help you refresh and practice your new skills. There are also downloadable exercises available. All materials are uniquely created by GEMA experts to align with CEFR standards.
After scheduling a French class on our platform, you will be able to join the class with 2-4 fellow students from around the world. The teacher will introduce themselves and begin teaching the lesson using learning materials that you can download at the end of class. You will be able to interact with the teacher and other students, but there is no pressure to do so. Towards the end of class, the teacher will recap the lesson and ensure everybody has understood the lesson.
Both group and private classes are very effective with GEMA, but it depends on your personal preferences what you’d like to do.
Preparing to learn French online with us is simple. You need three things: a stable internet connection, a computer and the free video conferencing tool Zoom.
All of our French teachers are native speakers, no exceptions. They are also highly-qualified. We are strict with hiring only teachers that have years of experience and can provide the highest quality teaching. Our teachers are also trained with the GEMA method and standard, so you can learn French online smoothly.